I have been working with children with Special needs in a variety of settings including mainstream schools, special needs centres and nurture groups over many years. From my wide practical experience and academic background, I am able to offer realistic support, advice and training for staff working with children with a variety of special needs. I have particular experience and expertise working with those with:
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Behavioural Difficulties
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Speech, language and communication needs.
How it works:
Support is tailored to you and your school’s needs. It will work to suit you and could include;
- Whole school audit: How special needs friendly are you? Do you have strategies in place to meet the particular needs?
- Review of existing strategies
- Advice and support for work with individuals or groups
- Preparation of case studies
- Advice on individual support plans
- Staff and leaders question and answer sessions
- Whole school training on working with children with particular special needs
- Writing and using social stories
What you get:
I will work with your staff to produce a bank of strategies and resources tailored to your setting and the children in your care.
By working with SEA Inclusion and Safeguarding, you will know that your staff have the skills and confidence to develop a whole school approach to special needs. You will know that your school is working to support all its children to fulfil their potential and have a range of appropriate range of strategies in place to support them.
Don’t Forget the parents: SEA Inclusion and Safeguarding is happy to work with parents, individually or in groups, to develop their understanding of their children’s special needs and how to meet them.