Keeping Children Safe in Education (May 16) reminds us that all staff must receive regular safeguarding training.
- How are you meeting this requirement?
- What are you are doing about newly appointed staff?
- How are you training your volunteers?
Are your senior staff and governors up to date with their statutory responsibilities?
As a successful multi-agency trainer for the Surrey Safeguarding Children Board and other agencies, as well as an effective practioner working in school, I am able to lead training for you and your staff.
How it works:
Training works best when it is tailored to your organisation’s context and needs. This is what I aim to achieve by offering more than just a training session.
- Initial free consultation
- Policy review
- Staff code of conduct review
- Whole school entry level safeguarding training
- Staff and leaders question and answer sessions
Other Safeguarding training
- Working Together (Basic) Safeguarding Training
- Update Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads
- New to role training for Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness Training
- Online safety
- Child and Parent online safety workshops
- Governors’ Safeguarding Responsibilities
Special Educational Needs and Disability Training
- Working with children with Autism, including writing social stories
- Working with children with Dyslexia
- Working with children with Communication and Interaction Needs
- Behaviour management and tracking
- Behaviour as communication (for teachers and/ or support staff)
- Supporting children with SEND in the classroom
- Identifying vulnerable pupils
- Nurture and attachment in the classroom
Do you want other training for
- Senior Staff
- LSA and TAs
- Workshops for parents
Ask and I am happy to design training to meet your needs.
What you get:
You are will have fulfilled your statutory requirements and be confidence that your staff have received outstanding training from an experienced trainer. This means that they will be ready and able to embed that training into their daily practice.