Designated Safeguarding Leaders
New to Role Course
As a multi-agency TRAINER for the Surrey Safeguarding Children Board and experienced DSL I invite you to join me in this small group training. You will have the chance to ask everything you ever wanted know about being a DSL!
This is a brief outline of what we will cover:
- A guide to all guidance
- What does OFSTED expect?
- The role of the Local Safeguarding Partners
- What are your responsibilities?
- Record keeping and procedures
- Making referrals and attending child protection meetings
- The key issues of the moment- Online Safety, FGM, Child Exploitation, Modern Day Slavery, and Children missing from Education.
You will leave with a wealth of knowledge and confident to undertake your new role.
Recent course feedback
‘Very interactive and approachable- based on practical case studies”
“Concise, well presented and relevant.”
would you like to attend? here’s all the practical details
DATE: 22nd October 2019
TIMES: 9.15am – 4.30pm
LOCATION: Kings College, Southway, Guildford, GU2 8DU
COST: £100.00 per attendee
INCLUDES: training materials, tea and coffee
LUNCH: Please bring your own lunch
BOOKINGS: via Sara Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a wealth of resources, up to date information and knowledge:
Would you like me to run one or more of these trainings in your school? please do get in touch