- Accredited Safer Recruitment in Education Trainer (November 2107) with the Safer Recruitment Consortium.
- Associate of Inclusion Expert and Civica Education since 2017
- Head of Inclusion since 2008
- Designated Safeguarding Lead since 2009
- Multi-agency Safeguarding Trainer since 2010
- Worked in special needs units in 1994-2008
- Experienced trainer at LA level and for the National level, including as
- A multi-agency trainer for Surrey Safeguarding Children Board,
- NQT Trainer in history and geography for LB of Hounslow
- an advisory teacher for humanities for LB of Lewisham
- writer of materials for the National Curriculum Council, English Heritage and the BBC
- Managed change and led rapid school improvement- I played a key role in moving a school from in just over a year
- History successful engagement and relationships with parents, including running Family Groups
- Effective Designated teacher for LAC, working with a higher than average percentage of LAC within the school community
- Successful multi-agency and partnership working, including development of Partnership groups and Multi-professional Team meetings
- Established and led SENCO and DCPO network groups
- Using CAF and TAF to support families, including as a CAF champion for Surrey County Council.
- SEN and Inclusion leadership and teaching experience, both in mainstream and SNSU, including work with EAL, G&T and Travelers- identified as good by OFTSED
- Led the development of Nurture Groups in 2 schools, member of Surrey Nurture Group Steering Group.
- Used local and national data to develop evidence-based strategic action plans and evaluate their impact, so that progress is significantly above national in all areas at KS1 &2
- Used detailed and regular tracking of classes, individuals and specific groups to target interventions and evaluate them
- Wide teaching and leadership experience across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 and beyond
- Subject leadership capability and experience in Safeguarding, SEN, Literacy, History, Geography, Assessment, SMSC, and RE at school level and for humanities at a national and LA level
- Expertise in writing moderation at school and LA level, including as a KS2 English moderator for Hounslow and a KS2 English SATs marker and Senior Marker.
- Effective staff recruitment, performance management and deployment, including involvement with capability procedures
- Accurate judgments of lessons, with developmental feedback, have been validated by a range of agencies– OFSTED, HMI, and LA
- Wide range of work with governors
- Led successful Boys’ Writing Projects across 5 schools.
- As a volunteer, devised the curriculum for and taught Saturday classes, for 15 years, for a GCSE in Religious Studies in which 100% of students achieved A*-C grades
- Experience working with voluntary groups, including as Safeguarding Consultant to Liberal Judaism and LJY-Netzer
Accredited trainer with Safer Recruitment Consortium
Training the Trainers (Surrey Safeguarding Children Board)
Pathways to Leadership (National College for Leadership of School and Children’s Services)
Post Graduate Diploma: Professional Studies in Education: Management of the Education of Pupils with Behaviour, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD) (awarded with Distinction) (Kingston University)
Post graduate diploma in Primary Education (University of Reading)
PGCE (Primary) (University of Leicester)
BA (Hons.) II (i) in History (University of Leeds)
‘A’ Levels: History, Religious Studies, Classical Civilisations
11 ‘O’ levels, including Maths and English