This summer has been very busy for Safeguarding with a range of new guidance being published. Here is an easy to access list of the guidance and links to my blogs explaining the details.
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 ( My blog from still stands as they were few significant changes other details about Safeguarding partners, Data Protection and Disqualification Under 2006 Childcare Act to bring this document in line with the guidance published between May and September. )
- Working Together To Safeguard Children 2018 (Blog here)
- OFSTED Inspecting safeguarding in early years, education and skills settings September 2018 (Blog here)
- Changes to Disqualification under the 2006 Childcare Act (Blog here)
- Information Guidance for Practitioners (blog here)
- Data Protection Toolkit
- Guidance on Parental Responsibility
- Guidance on School Attendance There are 3 new paragraphs on pages 6 and 7 reflecting the need for a safeguarding approach to children missing from school, including holding multiple emergency contact numbers and the need to escalate concerns when appropriate.